Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!



It is hard to keep up with friends these days.  One thing I do every once in a while is go through my phone book and look up the people I have not spoken to in a while. I will give them an email or a call.  They are usually surprised and happy to hear from me.  Emails usually turn into calls.  It’s great to catch up.  I do this a couple times a year.  A few days before New Years is usually a good time.  People are feeling good and festive.  They are thinking about what the New Year will bring. 

                Sometimes we tell ourselves we will talk to someone later.  Later becomes later and later until it is too late period.  I have had this happen to me several times already.  So now I take this ritual seriously.  You may find a friend is facing a serious challenge, a joyous occasion, or just needs a little mental boost.  Your call/email can make all of the difference.  This is a great time of year to mend fences.  I’m not going to be long winded about this.  Just take a chance, reach out and let someone know you are thinking about them.   It will go a long way.

Happy New Year!
 
Sigrid


No comments:

Post a Comment